Anybody out there going to BOTCON? Sounds like some cool stuff according to the press release we just received. Bay and Spielberg are also going to be be inducted into the Transformers Hall of Fame. I hope that means that Hasbro is going to make a Steven Spielberg Transformer that turns into a 35mm camera with a beard and a Michael Bay Transformer that turns into a lingerie-wearing exploding ball of fire.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HASBRO CELEBRATES ITS TRANSFORMERS BRAND AS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE INVADE PASADENA FOR 17th ANNUAL TRANSFORMERS CONVENTION
TRANSFORMERS Fans From Around the World to Experience MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE Brand Exhibition Of The Epic Global Entertainment Franchise
PAWTUCKET, R.I. (May 31, 2011) Thousands of fans from around the world will celebrate the enduring popularity of the iconic TRANSFORMERS brand from Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), as the 2011 TRANSFORMERS fan convention known as BOTCON returns to Pasadena on June 4-5. Less than a month before the highly anticipated debut of the new Paramount Pictures film TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON, Hasbro, in partnership with The TRANSFORMERS Collectors Club, will be offering opportunities to engage in and learn about the TRANSFORMERS brand that can only be experienced at BOTCON.
Attendees will be able to preview upcoming and yet-to-be seen TRANSFORMERS toys from Hasbros 2011 product line, including movie toys and figures based on the TRANSFORMERS PRIME animated series as well as interact with TRANSFORMERS toy designers. BOTCON will also be fans first time to see, in person, Hasbros new KRE-O line of construction sets based on classic TRANSFORMERS characters and attendees will have the opportunity for a chance to win a limited amount of KRE-O TRANSFORMERS toys before they go on sale. Convention goers can also attend panel discussions and interactive workshops led by TRANSFORMERS experts, purchase exclusive TRANSFORMERS products sold only at this years convention and buy, sell or trade TRANSFORMERS toys from hundreds of dealers.
And, as previously announced on the official TRANSFORMERS Facebook page, Hasbro will be inducting film industry legends Michael Bay and Steven Spielbergthe director and executive producer of the blockbuster TRANSFORMERS film franchiseinto its TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame. The second annual TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame ceremony will take place during BOTCON and TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON director, Michael Bay, will be present to accept his honor and share some special surprises with the audience.
To round out the TRANSFORMERS movie experience at BOTCON, Hasbro will be welcoming vehicles seen in the TRANSFORMERS film franchise from Paramount Pictures including OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, SIDESWIPE, IRONHIDE and AUTOBOT RATCHET. The vehicles will be on display inside the Pasadena Convention Center throughout BOTCON.
As the TRANSFORMERS brand continues its meteoric rise as a premier entertainment brand, convention attendees will be able to experience the wide breadth of TRANSFORMERS entertainment including interactive exhibits and hands-on experiences by the brands video game, publishing and animation partners.
- Activision will offer BOTCON attendees the opportunity to experience its TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON video game. The game thrusts players directly into an original, action-packed prologue storyline to experience the epic battles on Earth between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS that will shape the events of the summers most anticipated blockbuster film.
- Electronic Arts (EA) will offer BOTCON attendees the opportunity to be among the first to experience TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON for the iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPadTM. The App, which will be available in the iTunes App Store in the coming weeks, is based on the upcoming TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON movie, features fast-paced action and explosive robot-based combat. Featuring a dozen levels, gamers can choose to play as one of the franchises most popular AUTOBOT characters, OPTIMUS PRIME or BUMBLEBEE, as they fight to defeat the nefarious DECEPTICONS.
- The Hub, home of the new animated series TRANSFORMERS PRIME from Hasbro Studios, will offer an inside look at the popular series that just received six Daytime Emmy nominations. BOTCON will host two TRANSFORMERS PRIME panels including a live table read featuring the voice talent from the hit series as well as a Q&A with the producers. The Hub booth at BOTCON will also feature TRANSFORMERS themed photo opportunities, a prize wheel and a larger than life OPTIMUS PRIME statue. Members of the TRANSFORMERS PRIMEcreative team from Hasbro Studios will also be on hand during the convention to interact with attendees.
- IDW Publishing will offer fans the opportunity to learn about the latest TRANSFORMERS comic books including exclusive TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON comics. BOTCON attendees can interact with the comics’ artists and writers and get insider information about new and upcoming TRANSFORMERS series.
- Jagex Games Studio will be giving convention attendees an exclusive first look at elements of its upcoming and highly anticipated browser based MMO video game for Western Markets based on the TRANSFORMERS brand. Visitors will be invited into the interactive exhibit to be some of the first to see early design and game elements of this much buzzed about online videogame.
Interest in TRANSFORMERS is the highest its ever been, said Greg Lombardo, TRANSFORMERS Senior Global Brand Director, Hasbro, Inc. The live-action film TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON is getting a tremendous amount of advance buzz, and TRANSFORMERS PRIME is a huge hit with both longtime fans and a new generation of kids discovering the TRANSFORMERS brand for the first time. BOTCON is all about celebrating both of those groupsthe lifelong fans and the new fansand their love of the TRANSFORMERS brand.
BOTCON is annually the largest annual official gathering of TRANSFORMERS fans in the world and is open to both TRANSFORMERS diehard and casual fans alike as well as families and children who enjoy the iconic ROBOTS IN DISGUISE. This year the convention will be held at the Pasadena Convention Center located at 300 East Green Street in Pasadena, Calif., and will be open to the public on June 4 5. Special activities are planned on June 3 for attendees who purchase multi-day packages.
BOTCON general admission sessions will be held on Saturday and Sunday, June 4 and 5. (On Saturday, doors are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; on Sunday, doors are open from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.). Special multi-day packages and exclusive TRANSFORMERS products are available on a limited basis. General admission for adults (13 & up) is $20 and for children (12 & under) is $10. Children ages 4 and under will be admitted for free. Additional information can be found at www.BotCon.com or by calling 817-448-9863.
# # #
About the TRANSFORMERS brand
First introduced in 1984 by Hasbro and Takara Tomy, the TRANSFORMERS brand has provided kids with hours of MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE fun with their action figures that convert from robot to vehicles and back again. Legions of kids around the world grew up creating fantastic adventures and battles set on both the planet CYBERTRON and Earth that featured the good-guy AUTOBOTS and the bad-guy DECEPTICONS. Since then, more than 7500 robots have been introduced in animated TV series, comic books and two live-action feature films. A third film,TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON, will be released on July 1, 2011, as the first 3D film in the franchise.
About Hasbro, Inc.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Companys world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbros multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved. Come see how we inspire play through our brands athttp://www.hasbro.com. © 2011 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.